Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) occurs when a person has experienced or witnessed a traumatic event or have been in what has appeared to be a life threatening situation. It can even occur when a person has witnessed the harm of another person or people as well.
Anyone can develop PTSD at anytime, some of the main causes are as follows:
- A serious car or other type of accident
- Physical or sexual assault
- On going sexual, emotional or physical abuse
- Witness or experience any form of traumatic event
- Experience a natural disaster such as bushfire or flood.
Some of the on going signs of PTSD are:
- Reoccurring flashback and memories
- Insomnia recurring nightmares.
- Increased alertness and watchfulness
- Being easily startled
- Anxiety & Depression
- Difficulty concentrating
- Heart palpitations or intense feelings of panic when thinking about the event
- Feeling afraid, that the world is unsafe
- Feeling guilty or ashamed of that what happened
- Avoiding situations that might remind you of the trauma
To book your appointment for any of our services please click on the booking link or call Donna on 0424 300 678.